Support the Local Electricity Bill
Power For People drafted The Local Electricity Bill which will be re-introduced and debated in the House of Commons on Wednesday (10th June), directly after Prime Minister’s Questions. 150 MPs (cross-party) now back the Bill and this re-introduction is a great opportunity to build more support.
The Local Electricity Bill is very relevant to community energy in Scotland as if made law, the Local Electricity Bill would give electricity generators the right to become local suppliers – i.e. sell their energy directly to local people – and make it financially viable to do so.
Read more about the Local Electricity Bill on Power For People's campaign page for the Bill.
Critical to this campaign will be getting MPs on board so you can help by asking your MP to support the Bill and attend the debate. Help with writing to your MP is available here: https://powerforpeople.org.uk/write-to-your-mp-leb/
You can follow the campaign for the Local Electricity Bill on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- 2020-06-24 CARES funding available to help communities make a green recovery
- 2020-06-08 Support the Local Electricity Bill
- 2020-06-02 Joint response to Contracts for Difference consultation
- 2020-02-13 The Future of Community Energy
- 2019-12-11 Canna CREE project wins SGEA Community Award
- 2019-12-04 CES 2019 Annual Review published
- 2019-10-30 'Community Action on the Climate Emergency' Event
- 2019-04-15 ENERGY ON THE EDGE: RENEWABLE ENERGY AND BATTERY SYSTEM FOR THE ISLE OF CANNA OPENS
- 2019-04-03 Energy system of the future to be demonstrated in Orkney
- 2019-03-13 Engaging Community Energy in Local Project Aspirations