CARES conference invites communities
The CARES Conference 2018 takes place in Glasgow on April 18-19th and Community Energy Scotland will be there.
The event is run by Local Energy Scotland and this year takes the theme: empowering the local energy transition.
CARES is the Scottish Government's Community And Renewable Energy Scheme, which offers a number of ways that non-profit and social enterprises can access support for energy developments.
The 2018 event is focussed on how communities can play their part in meeting the 2030 targets for decarbonising Scotland's energy mix. Business, Innovation & Energy minister, Paul Wheelhouse MSP is to give the keynote address.
CES staff from Edinburgh and Stornoway will be on hand both days, speaking about our projects and keen to get down to business – as well as to meet friends old and new – in the Marketplace.
(Local Energy Scotland is different from Community Energy Scotland, but LES and CES help each other out where we can.)
- 2019-04-15 ENERGY ON THE EDGE: RENEWABLE ENERGY AND BATTERY SYSTEM FOR THE ISLE OF CANNA OPENS
- 2019-04-03 Energy system of the future to be demonstrated in Orkney
- 2019-03-13 Engaging Community Energy in Local Project Aspirations
- 2019-03-11 Community Energy Scotland Response to Smart Export Guarantee Consultation
- 2019-03-05 OFGEM Targeted Charging Review (TCR) ‘Minded to’ consultation & Future Charges consultation
- 2019-01-16 CES Strategy for 2018-2021 Published
- 2019-01-09 Western Isles Electric Vehicle Survey Now Open!
- 2018-12-06 CES awarded over £110,000 from SP Energy Networks’ Green Economy Fund
- 2018-11-29 CES Annual Review Released
- 2018-08-31 CES Response to the Future of Small-scale Low-carbon Generation Consultation