Western Isles set out local energy agenda
CES is pleased to announce the final agenda for its Western Isles Community Energy Conference 2018.
The line-up features local speakers and international guests from the University of Flensburg, Germany.
As well as tackling the current situation in the Western Isles, and work which can be done on local facilities, talks will look to the future of community renewables, with local supply, hydrogen generation and hydrogen ferries on the agenda.
Two workshop sessions will allow delegates to join discussions on topics such as local energy economies – where the value of energy is maximised by pairing a source with a demand in the same vicinity.
The conference will take place on Thursday 8th March from 9.30am–4pm at Leverburgh Hall, Harris. Community Energy Scotland's AGM will be held from 1–1.30pm in the same venue.
If you would like to book a place at the conference, please get in touch with Kirsten Macdonald on Kirsten.Macdonald@communityenergyscotland.org.uk or 01851 707880.
- 2019-04-15 ENERGY ON THE EDGE: RENEWABLE ENERGY AND BATTERY SYSTEM FOR THE ISLE OF CANNA OPENS
- 2019-04-03 Energy system of the future to be demonstrated in Orkney
- 2019-03-13 Engaging Community Energy in Local Project Aspirations
- 2019-03-11 Community Energy Scotland Response to Smart Export Guarantee Consultation
- 2019-03-05 OFGEM Targeted Charging Review (TCR) ‘Minded to’ consultation & Future Charges consultation
- 2019-01-16 CES Strategy for 2018-2021 Published
- 2019-01-09 Western Isles Electric Vehicle Survey Now Open!
- 2018-12-06 CES awarded over £110,000 from SP Energy Networks’ Green Economy Fund
- 2018-11-29 CES Annual Review Released
- 2018-08-31 CES Response to the Future of Small-scale Low-carbon Generation Consultation