The Future of Community Energy
SP Energy Networks has published a WPI Economics report on The Future of Community Energy.
The report considers the potential for growth in community led renewable energy, energy demand reduction and energy supply projects, and the economic, social and environmental benefits that such growth would deliver for the United Kingdom.
Findings from the report demonstrate that community energy could allow people across the country to take action on climate change but current UK Government policy risks squandering the potential of the sector and there is a pressing need for a new Community Energy Strategy.
Nicholas Gubbins, Community Energy Scotland's CEO, was one of the main contributers to the report along with Community Energy England.
The report can be read in full here.
- 2020-02-13 The Future of Community Energy
- 2019-12-11 Canna CREE project wins SGEA Community Award
- 2019-12-04 CES 2019 Annual Review published
- 2019-10-30 'Community Action on the Climate Emergency' Event
- 2019-04-15 ENERGY ON THE EDGE: RENEWABLE ENERGY AND BATTERY SYSTEM FOR THE ISLE OF CANNA OPENS
- 2019-04-03 Energy system of the future to be demonstrated in Orkney
- 2019-03-13 Engaging Community Energy in Local Project Aspirations
- 2019-03-11 Community Energy Scotland Response to Smart Export Guarantee Consultation
- 2019-03-05 OFGEM Targeted Charging Review (TCR) ‘Minded to’ consultation & Future Charges consultation
- 2019-01-16 CES Strategy for 2018-2021 Published