Nicola Sturgeon puts CES on the global stage
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has cited Community Energy Scotland as a leader in inspiring and supporting social enterprises worldwide.
Ms Sturgeon said that CES is an example of how social enterprises can create positive social change and promote inclusive economic growth.
Speaking in Beijing at the launch of a Chinese partnership with the Edinburgh-based Social Enterprise Academy – supported by her government – she said: “Scotland is an enterprising nation, keen to share its knowledge, build new trading links and demonstrate how businesses can provide social and environmental, as well as economic, benefit."
Both the SEA and CES maintain active links with Malawi – in our case through Community Energy Malawi, which we helped to establish in 2014.
Within our own shores, Community Energy Scotland continues to develop the case for maximising the social and environmental benefits that the First Minister lauded, using the concept of Local Energy Economies.
- 2019-04-15 ENERGY ON THE EDGE: RENEWABLE ENERGY AND BATTERY SYSTEM FOR THE ISLE OF CANNA OPENS
- 2019-04-03 Energy system of the future to be demonstrated in Orkney
- 2019-03-13 Engaging Community Energy in Local Project Aspirations
- 2019-03-11 Community Energy Scotland Response to Smart Export Guarantee Consultation
- 2019-03-05 OFGEM Targeted Charging Review (TCR) ‘Minded to’ consultation & Future Charges consultation
- 2019-01-16 CES Strategy for 2018-2021 Published
- 2019-01-09 Western Isles Electric Vehicle Survey Now Open!
- 2018-12-06 CES awarded over £110,000 from SP Energy Networks’ Green Economy Fund
- 2018-11-29 CES Annual Review Released
- 2018-08-31 CES Response to the Future of Small-scale Low-carbon Generation Consultation