Community Energy Scotland Privacy Notice
Community Energy Scotland respects the privacy of every individual who visits this website. If you provide us with contact details, for example by filling in the contact form, we will not use the information for any other purpose, nor will we disclose it to any third party. This Privacy Notice tells you what data we collect and what we use if for.
Who are we?
Community Energy Scotland is a registered Charity and Company Limited by Guarantee. Community Energy Scotland is the data controller which means CES decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Community Energy Scotland includes Community Energy Scotland Trading, our trading arm.
Your personal data
The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the GDPR). Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession.
How we process personal data and how we will use your personal data
Community Energy Scotland complies with its obligations under GDPR by:
- keeping personal data up to date
- storing and destroying it securely
protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring what appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to administer membership records
- to manage our employees and volunteers
- to maintain our own accounts and records
- to operate the Community Energy Scotland website and associated project websites
- to inform individuals of our news, events, activities or services related to Community Energy Scotland, its projects and membership
- to contact members via surveys to conduct research about their organisation, their opinions of Community Energy Scotland’s services or potential new services
- Your enquiry will be stored for 2 years and then deleted.
Your rights over your information
By law, you can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate. You can also ask us to give you a copy of the information and to stop using your information. Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with other organisations to comply with a legitimate interest or a legal obligation, e.g. OSCR.
How to contact us
You can write to us at Community Energy Scotland, 67a Castle Street, Inverness IV2 3DU or contact us by email at email@example.com.
Your right to complain
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, please contact us. You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office online at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or phone 0303 123 1113.