Work with us to boost your community's travel choices
Are you in a non-profit group that's keen to encourage your community to take up electric vehicles, low carbon community transport or active travel such as cycling?
Whether you are a CES member or not, we invite you take a look at our transport proposal in the CCF's Ideas Bank and see how you and we could work together to shape a clean transport project that fits your community.
CES has worked with several existing members to ensure the support on offer is relevant to both urban and rural areas and in particular that it is 'island-proofed'.
We know, not least because we live and work in the localities, that 'active travel' in cities and in more remote places is very different. We understand that there are many good reasons why people may rely upon private cars. CES also appreciates that there are opportunities for communities to benefit from moves to low-emission vehicles and other types of 'behaviour change'.
- To explore how you and we can work together, please take a look at the Climate Challenge Fund Ideas Bank and get in touch with CES's Head of Development, Gillian Wilson, to discuss your specific situation.
- The first CCF application stage is to submit an expression of interest – by August 28th – with a note that you want to associate your project with the CES Ideas Bank.
Keep Scotland Beautiful is running CCF information surgeries through August including: Inverness, Stornoway, Kirkwall and Lerwick.
- 2018-05-18 South of Scotland enterprise consultation
- 2018-04-19 CES welcomes £5m Scottish Government support for communities
- 2018-04-12 Nicola Sturgeon puts CES on the global stage
- 2018-04-06 Countdown to All-Energy
- 2018-03-27 CARES conference invites communities
- 2018-03-09 Combining Forces at the Western Isles Community Energy Conference
- 2018-03-05 International students model of efficiency
- 2018-02-27 Western Isles set out local energy agenda
- 2018-02-19 Community energy representatives gather in Harris
- 2018-02-05 Fighting for FiTs