Low carbon transport ideas? Bank on us
The Scottish Government's Climate Challenge Fund, administered by Keep Scotland Beautiful, is open now for expressions of interest and applications.
Community Energy Scotland is one of the support organisations whose expertise KSB recognises, so we can help you with your application, through what's called the CCF Ideas Bank.
We have had our Ideas Bank transport entry approved. It will support community groups – in urban or rural areas – to develop low carbon and electric transport projects.
While planning your project, you can work alongside CES to source help, knowing that it fits the CCF criteria.
We can offer participating community groups information, advice, networking and procurement support on:
- electric vehicles (EVs), from e-bikes to cars to minibuses
- community sessions for trying out EVs and e-bikes
- EV charging point options, costings and ownership
- ways to link EV charging points with local renewable energy
- setting up car clubs, pooling schemes and EV owner networks that suit rural not just urban areas
- working with local garages to secure their support for EV sales and maintenance
- building community engagement on EV uptake
Club together to save time, effort, money
If your project is part of a network associated with CES’s Ideas Bank – potentially Scotland-wide – that will bring economies of scale to your training and procurement as well as encourage knowledge sharing between groups.
The Fund itself invites applications up to £150,000 per year for two years.
For more information about how CES's Ideas Bank proposal could work for you, please contact Gillian Wilson on 07717 156414 or email email@example.com
- 2019-03-13 Engaging Community Energy in Local Project Aspirations
- 2019-03-11 Community Energy Scotland Response to Smart Export Guarantee Consultation
- 2019-03-05 OFGEM Targeted Charging Review (TCR) ‘Minded to’ consultation & Future Charges consultation
- 2019-01-16 CES Strategy for 2018-2021 Published
- 2019-01-09 Western Isles Electric Vehicle Survey Now Open!
- 2018-12-06 CES awarded over £110,000 from SP Energy Networks’ Green Economy Fund
- 2018-11-29 CES Annual Review Released
- 2018-08-31 CES Response to the Future of Small-scale Low-carbon Generation Consultation
- 2018-08-28 Free innovation event
- 2018-07-06 CES recruiting in Orkney