Inspiration for Local Energy Economies
Community Energy Scotland brought member groups and expert advisors together to spend two days scrutinising how local energy economies can best develop.
A local energy economy joins up users and suppliers of energy in the same vicinity. It's a concept that CES has long promoted, because it allows communities to gain maximum value from renewable energy resources by displacing expensively bought in grid electricity, fossil fuels, or goods with high levels of embedded energy.
The two day session in Inverness welcomed Scottish, UK and local government representatives as well as our members from across the country. Technical input came from CES alongside Scottish & Southern Energy Networks plus partners from the energy storage field.
To add inspiration, guests from Wales and the south of England were on hand to talk about district heating and smart energy schemes that sell electricity more cheaply when hydro schemes are benefitting from high rainfall.
- 2018-03-09 Combining Forces at the Western Isles Community Energy Conference
- 2018-03-05 International students model of efficiency
- 2018-02-27 Western Isles set out local energy agenda
- 2018-02-19 Community energy representatives gather in Harris
- 2018-02-05 Fighting for FiTs
- 2018-01-17 Your views on 'Use of System' charging
- 2017-12-04 Annual Review released
- 2017-11-16 Eday community taps its energy and its creativity
- 2017-11-14 SSEN opens forum to smaller generators
- 2017-10-31 10:10 helps you see the LED light