Inspiration for Local Energy Economies
Community Energy Scotland brought member groups and expert advisors together to spend two days scrutinising how local energy economies can best develop.
A local energy economy joins up users and suppliers of energy in the same vicinity. It's a concept that CES has long promoted, because it allows communities to gain maximum value from renewable energy resources by displacing expensively bought in grid electricity, fossil fuels, or goods with high levels of embedded energy.
The two day session in Inverness welcomed Scottish, UK and local government representatives as well as our members from across the country. Technical input came from CES alongside Scottish & Southern Energy Networks plus partners from the energy storage field.
To add inspiration, guests from Wales and the south of England were on hand to talk about district heating and smart energy schemes that sell electricity more cheaply when hydro schemes are benefitting from high rainfall.
- 2017-08-15 Back to school for Absolute Solar and Wind
- 2017-08-09 Work with us to boost your community's travel choices
- 2017-07-19 Infrastructure and Innovation Fund reopens
- 2017-06-26 Deadline extended by M&S Energy
- 2017-06-23 Join the communities celebrating local energy
- 2017-06-19 The Energy Rebellion: Film Tour
- 2017-06-16 CES windfarm highly commended
- 2017-06-01 CES represents members in Energy Strategy consultation
- 2017-05-15 Sign up for joined-up thinking on energy
- 2017-04-24 Fishermen Three gain recognition