Exchange then change!
Community Energy Scotland asked Julia Gutierrez, who is our Knowledge Transfer Project Officer to tell us more about Scotland’s Community Energy Conference which runs in Glasgow on 5 /6 November 2013.
So Julia, what are you looking forward to about the conference?
The Glasgow Conference is bringing together speakers who do not normally meet one another, and who will learn from attendees what the current situation is Scotland and from their countries too.
So what will make the conference a success?
I really want to see some interaction between everyone who is attending. We are all part of a movement that must share our knowledge and bring change to the way we handle our energy in future..
Is there any element in the conference line up you’d like to highlight?
Yes. The speakers list is really comprehensive,. Community Energy Scotland has attracted experts and practioners covering all of the hot topics like grid, storage, transport, and the all important work ‘behind the meter’ in people’s homes, businesses and on private grids.
So Julia to sum–up what is important for you?
It is not just the exchange of information and ideas at the conference that is important, or even the individual connections you make with speakers or other delegates. Most important is the confidence and actions that follow once everyone is back in their communities and workplaces afterwards.
Any final comments Julia?
It is a full two day conference, with plenty of interesting speakers. The networking dinner should be good too. It is clearly the best community energy event of the year!
Details of the conference, the programme and other information including online booking is available here.
- 2018-08-31 CES Response to the Future of Small-scale Low-carbon Generation Consultation
- 2018-08-28 Free innovation event
- 2018-07-06 CES recruiting in Orkney
- 2018-06-28 Low carbon transport ideas? Bank on us
- 2018-05-18 South of Scotland enterprise consultation
- 2018-04-19 CES welcomes £5m Scottish Government support for communities
- 2018-04-12 Nicola Sturgeon puts CES on the global stage
- 2018-04-06 Countdown to All-Energy
- 2018-03-27 CARES conference invites communities
- 2018-03-09 Combining Forces at the Western Isles Community Energy Conference