Sign up for joined-up thinking on energy
Funding from the Scottish Government and European Union is now available to communities across the Highlands & Islands who want to devise a local energy plan.
The scheme – known as COBEN – is administered by Local Energy Scotland and aims to strengthen community energy in at least four places that lie within the Highlands & Islands Enterprise region.
In each selected area, a local energy plan will draw together local aspirations and priorities and take a 'whole system' approach to consider power, energy storage, heat, transport, demand reduction and management as well as considering the implications for the energy infrastructure and potential partnership opportunities.
The wider COBEN (Community Benefit of Civic Energy) programme also involves five European regions outside Scotland.
To find out more and register your interest, please contact Local Energy Scotland. The closing date by which you must provide them with initial information is May 31st.
Community Energy Scotland will of course assist any of our members who would like to see what a local energy plan could do for them.
- 2017-06-26 Deadline extended by M&S Energy
- 2017-06-23 Join the communities celebrating local energy
- 2017-06-19 The Energy Rebellion: Film Tour
- 2017-06-16 CES windfarm highly commended
- 2017-06-01 CES represents members in Energy Strategy consultation
- 2017-05-15 Sign up for joined-up thinking on energy
- 2017-04-24 Fishermen Three gain recognition
- 2017-04-17 National Grid open to community energy opportunities
- 2017-04-03 Comhairle renews commitment to energy support
- 2017-03-28 Minister launches CES's own Fishermen Three windfarm