Back to school for Absolute Solar and Wind
One of CES's recently joined Associate Members – Absolute Solar and Wind – is to install a new solar PV system for Gartocharn Primary School in the Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park.
The green flag eco-friendly school – which is already heated using biomass – will see its environmental credentials boosted even further.
Absolute, a family-run company with 10 years’ experience, was successful in the open tender process for the PV contract, having been appointed previously by West Dunbartonshire Council to install and maintain the biomass boiler.
John McDonald, Headteacher at Gartocharn Primary School, is pleased to have Absolute Solar and Wind return to install the solar PV: "It’s important to us to reduce our energy use. Being smarter about how we generate that energy is part of our futureproofing. We look forward to seeing the results.”
Absolute Solar and Wind is committed to encouraging young people’s interest in so-called STEM projects (science, technology, engineering and maths). This latest project will provide a great opportunity to learn about solar PV.
Managing Director of Absolute Solar and Wind, Graham Provest said: “Absolute Solar and Wind is happy to return to Gartocharn Primary School to help them power up their energy production in a sustainable way. This project will promote understanding of carbon reducing and sustainable energy. We’re looking forward to engaging with the young people as the project nears completion to celebrate the installation.”
Absolute reaches its 10th anniversary later this year and has a number of projects under way with communities across Scotland.
CES would like to welcome Absolute into our membership.
- 2017-08-15 Back to school for Absolute Solar and Wind
- 2017-08-09 Work with us to boost your community's travel choices
- 2017-07-19 Infrastructure and Innovation Fund reopens
- 2017-06-26 Deadline extended by M&S Energy
- 2017-06-23 Join the communities celebrating local energy
- 2017-06-19 The Energy Rebellion: Film Tour
- 2017-06-16 CES windfarm highly commended
- 2017-06-01 CES represents members in Energy Strategy consultation
- 2017-05-15 Sign up for joined-up thinking on energy
- 2017-04-24 Fishermen Three gain recognition