Back to school for Absolute Solar and Wind
One of CES's recently joined Associate Members – Absolute Solar and Wind – is to install a new solar PV system for Gartocharn Primary School in the Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park.
The green flag eco-friendly school – which is already heated using biomass – will see its environmental credentials boosted even further.
Absolute, a family-run company with 10 years’ experience, was successful in the open tender process for the PV contract, having been appointed previously by West Dunbartonshire Council to install and maintain the biomass boiler.
John McDonald, Headteacher at Gartocharn Primary School, is pleased to have Absolute Solar and Wind return to install the solar PV: "It’s important to us to reduce our energy use. Being smarter about how we generate that energy is part of our futureproofing. We look forward to seeing the results.”
Absolute Solar and Wind is committed to encouraging young people’s interest in so-called STEM projects (science, technology, engineering and maths). This latest project will provide a great opportunity to learn about solar PV.
Managing Director of Absolute Solar and Wind, Graham Provest said: “Absolute Solar and Wind is happy to return to Gartocharn Primary School to help them power up their energy production in a sustainable way. This project will promote understanding of carbon reducing and sustainable energy. We’re looking forward to engaging with the young people as the project nears completion to celebrate the installation.”
Absolute reaches its 10th anniversary later this year and has a number of projects under way with communities across Scotland.
CES would like to welcome Absolute into our membership.
- 2018-05-18 South of Scotland enterprise consultation
- 2018-04-19 CES welcomes £5m Scottish Government support for communities
- 2018-04-12 Nicola Sturgeon puts CES on the global stage
- 2018-04-06 Countdown to All-Energy
- 2018-03-27 CARES conference invites communities
- 2018-03-09 Combining Forces at the Western Isles Community Energy Conference
- 2018-03-05 International students model of efficiency
- 2018-02-27 Western Isles set out local energy agenda
- 2018-02-19 Community energy representatives gather in Harris
- 2018-02-05 Fighting for FiTs