Nicola Sturgeon puts CES on the global stage
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has cited Community Energy Scotland as a leader in inspiring and supporting social enterprises worldwide.
Ms Sturgeon said that CES is an example of how social enterprises can create positive social change and promote inclusive economic growth.
Speaking in Beijing at the launch of a Chinese partnership with the Edinburgh-based Social Enterprise Academy – supported by her government – she said: “Scotland is an enterprising nation, keen to share its knowledge, build new trading links and demonstrate how businesses can provide social and environmental, as well as economic, benefit."
Both the SEA and CES maintain active links with Malawi – in our case through Community Energy Malawi, which we helped to establish in 2014.
Within our own shores, Community Energy Scotland continues to develop the case for maximising the social and environmental benefits that the First Minister lauded, using the concept of Local Energy Economies.
- 2018-07-06 CES recruiting in Orkney
- 2018-06-28 Low carbon transport ideas? Bank on us
- 2018-05-18 South of Scotland enterprise consultation
- 2018-04-19 CES welcomes £5m Scottish Government support for communities
- 2018-04-12 Nicola Sturgeon puts CES on the global stage
- 2018-04-06 Countdown to All-Energy
- 2018-03-27 CARES conference invites communities
- 2018-03-09 Combining Forces at the Western Isles Community Energy Conference
- 2018-03-05 International students model of efficiency
- 2018-02-27 Western Isles set out local energy agenda